Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cheap English books in Bangkok

As a book lover, the very first place that I will hit whenever I feel weary is a bookstore. Most often, I go to Kinokuniya in Siam Paragon and stay there for at least three hours! The books there are quite expensive for me though. So I spend those hours reading stuff that does not require me to spend a few days to finish such as self-help books or Chicken Soup for the Soul where I just choose a few chapters to read. Those short reads are enough to fuel my energy. 

Lately, I've been wanting to read classic novels. However, in Kino, these books are a bit costly. I heard there are places that sell second hand English books like Chatuchak market but I'm not really sure if I can find them there. But luck was very kind to me. Last week, my friend brought me to Chulalongkorn Bookstore just around Siam Square. And guess what, they sell classic books for only 98THB each! Yes, that's right, only about 3USD each. I went crazy over the very low price that I ended up buying 10 of them. Isn't that so amazing?


No comments:

Post a Comment